Currently Rumpke Waste & Recycling is the waste hauler for the removal of typical household waste and recyclables within the Village.
TRASH COLLECTION IN GATES MILLS
Questions regarding scheduling, missed pick-ups, recycling, or special pick-ups should be directed to Rumpke at (800) 828-8171
For the current Holiday Schedule, please click http://www.rumpke.com/for-your-home/holiday-schedule
CURBSIDE RECYCLING IN GATES MILLS
Rumpke Waste & Recycling provides weekly curbside recycling for village residents. Combine cans, cartons, glass plus plastic bottles and jugs in blue bags and place next place next to the trash. Recycle mixed paper and cardboard in paper bags or bundle with string and place alongside other recyclables.
- CANS: Includes all metal food and beverage cans such as pop, beer, soup, vegetable, and tuna. Cans should be emptied, rinsed, and then recycled.
- CARTONS: Includes milk, juice, soup and broth plus wine cartons. Cartons should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and place in your curbside recycling.
- GLASS: Includes glass food and beverage bottles and jars. Empty, rinse and replace the lid before recycling. You do not need to remove the label.
- PAPER & BOXES: All paper and boxes can be recycled, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, boxes, greeting cards, cereal boxes, cardboard, phone books and clean pizza boxes. Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES: All empty plastic bottles or jugs can be placed in your curbside recycling. This includes items like water and soda bottles, shampoo bottles, milk, water and juice jugs, laundry detergent jugs and bleach bottles. Bottles and jugs should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and put in your curbside recycling.
PLASTIC TUBS: Effective January 12, 2021, Rumpke accepts plastic tubs for recycling. A plastic tub is an open-top circular, oblong or square container. It may have an unattached snap-on lid or cover. An example of a plastic tub is butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, dairy or whipped topping, or fruit and yogurt cups. Tubs must be empty, clean and dry before being recycled. See Rumpke's fact sheet about adding tubs to recycling.
Please support recycling by not putting other types of plastic into your recycling container. If you do, it will likely have to be sorted out as trash.